Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Swimsuit Dilemma

Ok, so we have 2 teenage daughters - both of which are wonderful! (most days! :) and in getting them ready to go to Beach Camp, with the student ministry at church, we have been on the search for the perfect one-piece swimsuit... hence, the title "Swimsuit Dilemma". We found many but most either didn't fit properly or were too revealing. Usually finding that because they were too revealing was causing "the not fitting properly"! We finally found one that was almost acceptable. In seeing it on my youngest, I thought we could make it work with a little adjustment.
We went straight to Hobby Lobby and I bought some ribbon that I thought would work. It wasn't wide enough so I sewed three strips together to make the inset. ***Tip: I put Fray-Check on the cut ends before sewing them. That stuff is fabulous!
I pinned the inset that I had made from the ribbon to the correct position and handstitched it in. (Clarification: Actually, my mom dropped by about that time and she handstitched it in!)
It didn't take long at all to make a revealing swimsuit turn into a modest swimsuit.
On another note, my other daughter also had an issue with the swimsuit that she was taking. It, too, was too low cut. I tried the ribbon thing for her too (different ribbon of course!) but it didn't look right. We ended up stitching up the opening about 2 1/2 inches. It solved the problem.
Remember when looking for clothes, household decor or whatever else you might be on the prowl for that you can change it. You don't have to wear it as you bought it or display it as the store had it!






No comments: