Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Graduation Invitations

As I told you, in the previous post, our kids went to Beach Camp. So I am taking a couple of minutes to post some new stuff.

Our son is now a high school graduate and I wanted to share how his party invitations came about.

First, I found this AWESOME graduation symbol at http://www.shutterstock.com/. I knew I wanted the invitation round, but was thinking about doing it larger and packaging it in a CD envelope. Before I got around to making it the size of a CD envelope, I found some chipboard coasters at Michael's on clearance. Gotta love that! From the looks of them, you can tell why they were on clearance! They have fruit all over them and are not the prettiest.
So I adjusted the file to the diameter of the coaster and printed 4 to a page. I cut them out with a circle cutter and mod podged them to one side of the coaster. I copied the file and removed the symbol and replaced it with text for the party invite. I cut those out and mod podged them to the other side of the coaster. I sanded the edges to distress them a bit and to smooth down the edges.

They ended up round just like I wanted and how cool to have a "token" type invite! Another benefit of having the smaller-than-a-CD size was that I just put them in with the announcement and mailed them together instead of the square envelope that would have cost us extra postage!

No comments: