Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Graduation Party

I carried over the theme of the graduation symbol for the party. I used it as hanging decor with large 12 inch circles, used some left over invite circles to write what each food item was, 1 inch symbols on tags for the party favors, and also made him some thank you notes with it too. (I'll post those later)
(some of Nelson's friends in the basement)

We made these fabulous little cupcake pops for the party favors. (I forgot to take a picture when we had them piled up on a tiered stand so I gathered the leftovers for this pic. )I came across her blog a few months ago and LOVED them. I was just waiting for an opportunity to make them. They were a bit time consuming but so worth it! I got SO many compliments on them and people said they were the best thing they ever put in their mouth! I must admit, they were quite tasty. ;)
Special thanks to my SIL, Mandi, who helped tons with food preparation, my bro, J, who helped me get our exterior ready and my sweet mom and dad who helped with a whole bunch of other stuff! I couldn't have done it without them!
Nelson had a great party and now we're on to the next stage in his life (deep breath....) College.

No comments: