Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fun Colored Pencil Technique

I wanted to send a thank-you to some special friends for a great time we spent together at the beach. We just came home yesterday though and I hadn't gotten any pics developed yet so I did the next best thing. I had been wanting to do something with this technique for a while and it was the perfect opportunity. I printed one of the photos onto regular copy paper and then colored some of the picture, mounted it and in about 10 minutes got a pretty happenin' card. Kal Barteski taught this technique - she is an AMAZING artist!
It is not hard at all and I do agree that Prismacolor pencils are the absolute best! The color is creamy and smooth. (sounds like ice cream!) But it really is. Try some of her techniques - anyone can do it and the end result is way cool!

No comments: