Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Like Old Times

It has been FOREVER, but today I made bread. It is SO good and with bread baking our home feels all nice and cozy! I buy our wheat and other grains from BreadBeckers . If you go to their website, you will find all the info you need on milling your own wheat and why it's so healthy for us!  It does take a bit of time - of which there isn't much of around here but once you get the hang of it, it can be done pretty quickly.  My husband and my kids LOVE it - and with 3 teenagers in the family there isn't many things I can say that about! :) I hope that I can get around to making it more in 2009 (one of my goals). At this point, even an occasional baking session is ALOT more than what I have been doing of late! 

So, my encouragement to you is - Is there something you used to do around your house or for your family you haven't done in a while?  A yummy dessert you used to fix, a favorite casserole, a special b'fast? What about calling an old friend? Or touching base with a neighbor? If so, plan a day to do it! 




1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm sooo hungry now!