Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Is this considered Re-Gifting?!?!?

I don't know if you ever bought really nice blank artist canvases but they aren't cheap! Of course, I normally try to get them on sale or with a coupon but recently I found some great canvases (already painted) at Hobby Lobby (LOVE that place!) on clearance.  Some were long and some were square but all had 1 1/2 inch sides and were gallery canvases - meaning they didn't have staples on the edges. They also were ready to hang with wire already on them....so I bought them all.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that if and when you see canvases on sale that are already painted - don't be scared of them! Yes, you can use them! Buy them!!!  and cover up what is already there.  That is a great way to get awesome prices on canvases.  You can staple fabric on them, decoupage them, paint them - the sky's the limit!  

So, I painted this for my friend's birthday. I hope she likes it!

Here is one before I repainted it.




Here it is painted with a few thin coats of a base color, then some decorative free-handing.  The fabric next to it was the pattern inspiration. Still gotta spray some sealer on it.



Another shot of the fabric - Amy Butler, not sure of the actual name.



No comments: