Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

What do you do when laundry is taking over???

You make stuff! Ha ha Yes, the laundry is taking over, there is dust all around me, my work room is an absolute disaster but what did I do when I came home from church?!?!??! I sat around and made rings and finished painting pumpkins! I'll post the ring pictures later but here are my pumpkins!

I am VERY pleased with how they turned out.  First let me say that they are done free hand. I am sure the diamonds on my large pumpkin would have been more even if I could have figured out the mathematical equation for lines, etc.  but let's be honest...I can make stuff but math - well, my mind doesn't work that way! Left vs. right brained and I'm whatever isn't math!!!

For those of you who might want details: these are synthetic pumpkins bought at Michael's while they were 50% off! Painted with acrylic paint...I used Outdoor/Indoor gloss by Plaid. Why did I use this? Because it's what I had...no other reason - just grabbed it and started painting.

BEFORE....AFTER.....
AFTER, AFTER.... I never noticed that the med. pumpkin was brownish - I mean I noticed but it didn't seem to matter much until I saw the end result (photo above) of the pumpkins.  I had an extra med. one that was the same white as the large and the small so I re-did it and here it is.  I am altering the brownish pumpkin and will post that one once I finish.

No comments: