Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Got 3 minutes?

OK.  I saw these for sale at a high end boutique store in South Carolina.  I thought they were absolutely precious.  I went to pick it up and when I did, I was shocked.  I saw it was made out of an acrylic photo holder.  Once I saw that, I knew that this could be SO easily duplicated at home so I just made a mental note and came home and rushed to buy some frames so that I could make some.

I'm telling you ....if you have enough time to make a pb & j, then you have enough time to make one of these ADORABLE post it note holders!! Literally, it took me less than 10 minutes to make 3!! Now, I went very simple and didn't do any embellishments but you can get crazy and do all kinds of stuff to it if you so desire.  

Directions:
***These Post-It pad holders are made from 4 x 6 and 5 x 7 acrylic photo frames - you know the ones that are about $1 - $3 depending on where you buy them.  I was so anxious to make them, I just bought them and mine were $2 but you can definitely get them for less. Once you have the frame you need some paper, ribbon ( I prefer ribbon with wire) and your pad of post-it notes.

If you get a 4 x 6 frame, then cut your background paper to 4 x 6 - if you got 5 x 7 then cut it t0 
5 x 7.  Simply slide it in the frame like you would a picture. If you notice, on a couple of mine I put a square that would "border" the post it pad.  This was adhered to the paper before I slid it into the frame.  I cut those 3. 5 inches square. After that, peel off the back paper to the pad and stick onto the frame.  Tie your ribbon around the frame at the end that would stand on a table. After this, YOU ARE DONE!! I am thinking these would make GREAT hostess gifts for those functions that are going to start now that it is fall.  Or great teacher gifts...the possibilities are endless!


No comments: