Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Special BEE-day party

Recently, I planned a birthday party for someone and it wasn't going to have a theme. However, after choosing the menu, it ended up with one.  I wanted a good 'ole southern meal which we had.  We had fried chicken, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans, black eyed peas and biscuits & cornbread on the table! YUM! Well, of course you need honey for the biscuits and cornbread so in addition to the honey bear for the table,  I figured I would make some party favors for those attending to take home.  I bought these jars, and this honey (voted #1 in the country, BTW!) and stamped/embossed some tags with a honey bee on the front and on the inside it said Happy Bee-Day! It was a great party but I must admit, it didn't hurt that we finished it up with blackberry & peach cobbler!! The birthday card made with awesome Cosmo Cricket paper!

No comments: