Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Little Paint & a Bakery Box

This was a thank you gift to a couple of people a while back....as you can probably tell, one was for a guy and one was for a girl. In wanting to package some homemade cookies in a cute way, I took a plain white bakery box (LOVE those!) and painted one blue using acrylic paint and a foam brush - I pretty much "dry brushed" it . If you are wondering what dry brushing is, I will post a how-to soon. :) I went back and used a cat eye (see***tip***below) to put some grungy highlights on. I added a swirl stamp in the corners - inked it with the cat eye and finished it off with some embellishments. For the guy, I punched a hole and added a ribbon with THANKS stamped on it (YES! you can stamp on ribbon!) and for the girl, a cute tag.
(If you are wondering how I got the swirl on the left to "run off" the oval window, I put a piece of paper over the oval window and stamped the design. When I lifted the paper, I took part of the design and left the other just on the box and not on the acetate.)




***tip*** See the little cat-eye-shaped inker? Well, it is made by Color Box and is a chalk inkpad - they are referred to as cat eyes. (You can buy these at stores like Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnns, & scrapbook stores.) Chalk inkpads are not as wet as regular inkpads which means they have a softer effect and they dry faster. They come in a lot of different colors and are great for inking edges or rubbing across your project but they also can be used to ink your stamps - both of which I did on this box. I personally LOVE them and use them ALL the time!!

No comments: